Thanks to all who commented yesterday with your book boyfriends. Looks like I've got some heroes to check out.
Congrats to Julie Johnson for winning a signed copy of MIDNIGHT LIES and a $10 Amazon gift card! Julie, email me at ella@ellagracebooks.com to discuss prize delivery.
Here's another favorite scene. Samantha is sitting at the Mimosa tree shaped fountain that stands in the middle of the square in Midnight. She's trying to decide what kind of wish she should make about Quinn when a handsome young stranger appears:
“That’s either a powerful wish or a really bad
headache.”
Startled, her eyes popped open. A handsome,
smiling man stood only a few feet away. With short brownish blonde hair,
twinkling hazel eyes and a charming smile, he was boyishly handsome. He was
also a stranger.
“So which is it, a wish or a headache?”
“Actually it’s both.” Surreptitiously dropping the
penny into the water, she stood and held out her hand. “I’m Samantha Wilde. And
you are?”
“Quite enamored of your little town.” Grinning, he
shook her hand. “I’m Blaine Marshall.”
“You said you’re enamored of the town. Are you new
here?”
“Actually, yes. Just got here a few days ago.”
This must be the man Mary-Jo Deacon had mentioned.
How coincidental that the one man she was determined to meet today had found
her instead. Coincidences didn’t usually pass the smell test for her.
Charmingly boyish or not, he definitely put her radar on high alert.
“And what brings you to Midnight?”
“Would you believe I’m trying to find myself?”
“And you think Midnight is that place?”
The boyish grin reappeared. “Maybe not but things
are definitely looking up.”
Flirty banter had always come easily for her, or
it had until she met Quinn. With him, she’d been tongue-tied, shy and awkward.
Even if this man was a hired assassin, she was glad to see she hadn’t
completely lost her touch.
Giving him the playful look she had perfected
years ago, she said, “It’s nice to meet you, Blaine. I hope Midnight meets your
expectations.” She turned to walk away and then stopped. Glancing over her
shoulder, she smiled. “It just occurred to me that I’m famished. Would you like
to join me for lunch?”
His eyes widened with delight. “I was just headed
to Faye’s for a quick bite. That sound okay to you?”
Samantha hesitated. Would Quinn be there? He had
mentioned Faye’s. She couldn’t handle seeing him again, especially when she was
on a job. If Blaine was one of Cruz’s men, she would need all of her focus on
him.
“Actually, there’s a new place around the corner,
Cornbread Kitchen. I’ve been wanting to try it. Want to go there?”
“Sounds good.”
They walked down the street and unfortunately had
to pass by Faye’s where Quinn sat in a booth by the window. The dark look he
gave her sent electricity zipping up her spine. It said they weren’t over, that
he would see her again. And damn the little voice inside her that shouted a
gleeful, “Yes!”
And here's a snippet of another fab review, this one from Tome Tender Book Blog: "A fabulous addition to the Wildefire series, Midnight Lies once again pulls us deep into the Wilde sister's lives...especially Samantha. I found this story to be a fantastic romantic thriller, filled with a perfect amount of suspense and plot twists to keep you riveted to the pages."
You can read the entire review here: Midnight Lies Review
Today's prize is a signed copy of both MIDNIGHT SECRETS and MIDNIGHT LIES.
To enter, all you have to do is: Give the title and author of the book you are currently reading, or about to start reading.


Happy Sat. I am currently reading Susan Andersen's Some Like it Hot.
ReplyDeleteAnother amazing tease, Christy! And congrats on all the great reviews! Flying to Europe tomorrow and hoping Rock Chick Revolution by Kristen Ashley passes some of the time. Happy Saturday all!
ReplyDeleteI am reading Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich.
ReplyDeleteTime out by jill shalvis
ReplyDeleteJust starting Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan....OMG...so excited!!
ReplyDeleteDArk Lycan by Christine Feehan
ReplyDeleteI'm reading Hell Without You by Ranae Rose :) Love your Midnight books!!!! n.kuhn.acn@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI'm re-reading Cindy Gerard's To the Edge
ReplyDeleteI'm rereading Stranded by Alex Kava......waiting for copy of Midnight Lies
ReplyDeleteI just finished reading A LITTLE TO FAR by Lisa Desrochers, and would highly recommended it.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the release of MIDNIGHT LIES!
Glad to see your Countdown Blogging is going so well. I'm still waiting to get Midnight Lies into my hot little hands.....until then I an reading the Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley, currently on book two, Rock Chick Rescue.
ReplyDeleteI finished Lethal Pursuit by Kaylea Cross last night and I'm about to start Cover of Darkness by her. Just discovered her books and am devouring them one after another.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Dragon Mine by Jaime Rush. Its great!
ReplyDeleteKaren Hawkins How To Entice an Enchantress. I love her books!
ReplyDeleteNobody's Perfect by Kallypso Masters
ReplyDeleteThanks to everyone who came by and shared what you were reading. It was kind of like an early Recommend Monday. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Ashley B for winning a signed copy of MIDNIGHT SECRETS and MIDNIGHT LIES. Ashely, please email me at ella@ellagracebooks.com to discuss prize delivery!
Today's post will be a little delayed. Will post this afternoon. Stay tuned!