Congrats to Kathy McGowan for winning yesterday's prize of a Christy Reece and an Ella Grace book of her choice!
Tomorrow I'm having a release day event over on my Facebook page. Fun to be had and lots of prizes to be won! Party starts at 10:00 AM (CST) and will go till 4:00 PM. Hope to see you there! Here's the link: Ella Grace Facebook page
Something I haven't shared with you is the MIDNIGHT LIES UK cover. I was holding out showing it to you because they're actually going to be putting a new cover on MIDNIGHT SECRETS, too. However, that's going to be a while longer so I wanted to go ahead and share this one. It's quite different from the US version but I do love it.
And here's an excerpt from another favorite scene:
He sat on
the window seat, facing her. “Tell me what’s wrong, sweetheart.”
“Nothing.”
She turned and looked out the window again.
Quinn blew
out a sigh. Maybe she would talk once he got her home. “Are you ready to go?”
“Go
where?”
“To our house.”
“I’m not
sure that’s a good idea. Shouldn’t we—”
She broke
off and swallowed a shriek when he stood and gently scooped her into his arms.
“What are you doing?”
“I’m
taking you home.”
“You can’t
just come in and take me like this.”
Loving the
sparks he saw spitting from her eyes, he grinned and kept walking. “Oh yeah?
Who’s going to stop me?”
Not
waiting for a reply, Quinn strode from the room and then down the stairway. A
smiling Savannah stood at the front door.
“Savvy,
don’t you dare open that door for him. He can’t just come in here and—”
Laughing,
Savannah opened the door. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Sammie.”
“Traitor.”
“Hey, what
are sisters for?”
And another fabulous review, this one from Bodice Rippers Femme Fatales and Fantasy: "Brilliant story of mystery and suspense"
You can read the full review here: Midnight Lies Review
Today's prize is a $15 Amazon gift card. To enter, answer the following: What is one book you love so much that you wish you hadn't yet read so you could experience it again for the first time?


.jpg)
I can't take the teasing!
ReplyDeleteI really like the UK cover. It would be great if you could combine them. Just back up a little and give him some muscles!
Midnight lies is getting good reviews and comment on Goodreads.
This is a very old book by Victoria Holt, The Legend of the Seventh Virgin
ReplyDeleteit was the first book I read that got me hooked on Gothic romance which started my whole love of reading, must have been about 10 or11 at the time
Hook's Pan, the kingdom series! I was so mad when it ended I wanted to reread it right away!! lol n.kuhn.acn@gmail.com and btw I loved loved loved Midnight lies
ReplyDeleteYippee...can't wait for tomorrow!!! And I LOVE the UK cover......it's so soft and romantic compared to the hot, sexy North American cover.....I don't know which I love more!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't think there is any one book that I wish I hadn't read yet so I can enjoy it all over again. When I read a book for a second (or third or fourth) time, it has to be a book that I really loved the first time and I always, always find new things in the book to enjoy or gain a new perspective on a character or pick up some detail I missed the first time, so it's almost like I AM reading it for the first time.
wishing you an amazing release day tmrw!!! Can't wait to get my hands on this book.
ReplyDeleteWOW! That a hard question...can I cheat and say all my favs? Love all the exerpts! I can't wait until Midnight Lies is on my Kindle!
ReplyDeleteAll of my favs including the LCR books. However, I re-read them, and, when I do, I feel like I am reading them for the first time. That is exactly how I have felt as I have reread the LCR books. I am working on No Chance at the moment, and it is as good as the first time. Of course, I had forgotten a lot of the details, so it is fun to see them. Also, re-reading it after having read them all, I look for details that I didn't notice before as they relate to the future books. Can't wait for your new book. With all of these wonderful reviews, hopefully it won't be long before the third book comes out! It's been tough waiting for this one. And your excerpts have made the waiting even harder! I will get the book first thing tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI love all your books, the 1st one best, but if I had never read the first one, that would mean that I didn't know about them and not to have read them all would be horrible. I actually enjoyed Gone With the Wind, if you read it before you see the movie. Also love the movie too.
ReplyDeleteThey are some books that i don't read for a ages as once its read that's it until the next one, but then when i put off a book i always think damn i wish i had read it sooner, but i don't tend to wish a book unread i just tend to re read books over and over again! atm that book is Code Name: Ghost (A Warrior's Challenge Series) its fast becoming my most read book ever!
ReplyDeleteThe Hunger Games, the Harry Potter series and Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon.
ReplyDeleteIt would probably be Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are."
ReplyDeleteHappy almost release day, Christy! Since I am in the UK right now, I get to download sooner than I would at home! And wow, one book, that is a tough one....Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley.
ReplyDeleteHey - that's my cover!!!!!!!! Ummmm book I wish I could read for the first time again. Possibly The Secret by Julie Garwood. That's been my "go to" book for years.
ReplyDeleteLove the UK cover! I loved, loved Midnight Lies, Christie! I won a copy from Goodreads, and I could not put it down. One of my all time favorite books is For the Roses by Julie Garwood. That book just cracked me up.
ReplyDeleteHi all...I just started Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain...Happy release day Christie!
ReplyDeleteI can't name just one but Fat Tuesday and the First LCR trilogy.
ReplyDeleteThank you all for commenting with your 'Wish I hadn't read so I could read it for the first time' book. Several of them are favorites of mine, too! And thanks for including some LCR love!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to LindaC for winning the $15 Amazon gift card! Linda, email me at ella@ellagracebooks.com so we can discuss prize delivery.
Hope everyone is headed over to the release day party on Ella Grace's Facebook page. Lots of prizes to be had! See you soon!