NEWS/CONTESTS


Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Countdown to MIDNIGHT LIES-Day One

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the countdown to
MIDNIGHT LIES. The second book in the Wildefire series releases a week from today. To entice you and get you excited for the book, each day I'll share a favorite scene, a review, and give away a prize. To be eligible for the prize, all you need to do is comment. I'll announce the winner on tomorrow's post.

Here's
a snippet from one of my favorite scenes:
“There is no 'us'.”
Closing the distance between them, he said quietly, “Are you sure, Sam?”
The alarm in her eyes deepened and he knew she wanted to back away from him. He was damn proud of her that she didn’t. Instead she raised her chin and glared. When he stepped even closer, her body went stiff as if poised for flight.
“What are you afraid of, sweetheart?”
“I’m not afraid.”
He might have believed her if her voice hadn’t been trembling. Lifting her chin with his finger, he gently traced the edge of her jaw. “Sam…” Lowering his head, he whispered a soft kiss across her lips. “Please…baby…I’m sorry I hurt you.”
She moaned beneath his mouth and opened hers for a deeper connection. Though everything within him told him to give her the soul deep kiss he wanted, Quinn kept it as gentle and unthreatening as possible. He’d hurt her before, damned if he would do it again.
Pulling away slightly, he looked down, hoping to see acceptance and forgiveness. It wasn’t there.
Samantha backed away, shaking her head. She couldn’t believe she’d almost given in. Even now, just from that one soft kiss, she could feel her body softening, preparing itself for more. Her libido might be a traitor but her mind and heart made the decisions for her. They told her to get the hell away from him.
“Go home, Quinn. There’s nothing for you here.”
“You’re here, Sam,” Quinn said quietly.
Unable to respond without falling apart, Samantha turned around and took off running. She could feel Quinn’s eyes on her until she disappeared from sight.

And here's what Publishers Weekly said about
MIDNIGHT LIES: "This is a fine example of romantic suspense, with an alpha hero who has a sensitive side, a tough and feisty heroine who sometimes acts like a damsel waiting to be swept off her feet, and plenty of twists and turns. Fans of the genre will be well pleased."

And now for the prize! A $25 Amazon gift card

Winner announced tomorrow! 

29 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm not sure I can take a week of these excerpts! Can't wait to read Sam and Quinn's story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited! September 24th will be a fantastic day for readers when "Midnight Lies" is released. So fun to read the great reviews already being posted, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait! not long now! counting the days :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a scene, can't wait to read the rest! Christy you have such amazing talent! Sadly I must now go back to work with that scene on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to start this series. Yes I know I'm behind a book but hate waiting to read the next one because they are so good. Christy Reece is one of my all time favs and excited about the new Ella Grace series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED this Book!! Quinn already has a place on my Top Heroes of 2013 list! Yummy!! I CAN'T WAIT for Book Three!! Do you have an expected release date?

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO excited for this! Love the Wildefire series! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the excerpt. I want this book. I need to find out what happens. Ella is a new author for me. I love to read and always looking for new authors and stories to read. Thanks for the chance to win.
    christinebails at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH Christy, I can't wait for MIDNIGHT LIES to release!! If it's half as good as the first book in the series it will be beyond excellent! I can't wait to join Sam and Quinn's journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read the book. I intend to get it right away. I loved the first one, and I can't wait to read Sam's story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the chance to win!
    jrryba(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice teaser! Can't wait till this book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for giving us a taste of what to look forward to in this next book in this series. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so good. I better get started on the first book so I can be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great teaser! I cannot wait to read to read it. If it's half as good as Midnight Secrets, it will be spectacular. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really can't wait for this book. This series is smokin'hot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great teaser!!! can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been waiting for this book all summer!!! Can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait. September 24th cannot come soon enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds great! So how many more books in this series? I've read all the Christy Reece LCR books, almost back to back. I love to read a good series that way, especially ones like yours that keep past and future characters involved in the continuing adventure! But
    its REALLY hard to wait for them all to come out when they sound so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the chance to win. Should I be the lucky one, this will be my first purchase on the card. I adore you. This is another great series I can not wait to devour.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so excited for this book coming out! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i sincerely loved this book and the series is great. i cannot wait to find out what's going on Sabrina's life!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks to all who entered. So excited to see so many of you looking forward to Midnight Lies!

    Congrats to Ash_Lake07 for winning the $25 Amazon gift card! Ash_Lake07, please contact me at christy@christyreece.com to discuss prize delivery.

    Stay tuned for Day Two Countdown coming soon!

    ReplyDelete