NEWS/CONTESTS


Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Countdown to MIDNIGHT LIES-Day Two

Hey All! Welcome back to the countdown to the release of MIDNIGHT LIES. Thanks so much to everyone who entered yesterday's giveaway. And congrats to Ash_Lake07 for winning the $25 Amazon gift card.

Here's another favorite scene from MIDNIGHT LIES. I think it shows both Samantha's vulnerability and her strength. Hope you enjoy:


Samantha stood in front of Captain Mintz’s desk. The coffee pot in the break room was half empty, which meant he had consumed at least three cups of coffee. She had timed it just as she’d hoped. He would be in a mellower mood and hopefully more willing to grant her request.
She hadn’t slept all night. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw Quinn’s face. Dear heavens, she had hurt him so much. And the hell of it was, she still wasn’t completely sure of his innocence. She wanted so badly to believe in him but she couldn’t. Not yet. Her only option was to prove his innocence or his guilt.
“What are you doing here so early, Wilde?”
“I need to take some time off.”
Wise eyes studied hers. Didn’t take a genius to figure out that yesterday’s murder had everything to do with her need for time off. And she had long since decided that Captain Mintz was of genius status.
“How much time?”
“As much as I can.”
“I’ll give you four days.”
She had hoped for two weeks but she’d take what she could get.
“Let’s stop pretending for a moment that I don’t know what you’re taking time off for. If you get in the way of an ongoing investigation, you’re out of here. You got that?”
“Yes sir, I understand.”
She was at the door, when his voice stopped her, “For what it’s worth, Wilde, I hope he’s innocent.”
“Thank you, sir.” She closed the door behind her and whispered under her breath, “I hope so, too.”
And here's a snippet for another fab review for MIDNIGHT LIES from Ripe For Reader blog: "OMG!!!!! Fantastic knockout page-turner!! A sharp, steamy, fierce and phenomenal read!"
You can read the entire review here: Midnight Lies review 
And today's giveaway is: The audio of MIDNIGHT SECRETS and a $10 Amazon gift card
Enter to win by telling me something super easy. What's your favorite season of the year?
Winner announced on tomorrow's post!


15 comments:

  1. My favorite season is winter when it's cold outside and we have the fire on inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall. The smell of burning leaves and the chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall...for sure! I love hoodies and boots and apple cider and falling leaves and pumpkin anything. I could go on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. winter you can curl up with a good book in front of a warm fire :D but then summer is also good you can sit outside in the lovely sun with a good book

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite season is Fall!! LOVE it! Love the colors, the cooler weather, and having the house smelling wonderful from baking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter! I love the snow! We rarely get any in Texas, but we still get the cold weather which warrants the cute clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an easy question. Fall is my favorite time of the year, particularly October....let's see, there is my Birthday, Canadian Thanksgiving and the leaves are turning and are spectacular. I live on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. We are known as being in the top 5 Autumn destinations IN THE WORLD!!! Watching the amazing Autumn sense as you drive along the amazing Cabot Trail is something everyone should get to do!!!

    The next best thing will be sitting on my back deck, during a sunny, crisp afternoon reading MIDNIGHT LIES!!!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall! Nothing like football and sweater weather for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter, Spring or Fall for me...I love the cooler weather. Its way too hot the rest of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a spring girl. I like the warm but not hot temps. The cold of winter is gone for good. The days get a little longer, a little warmer, a little brighter. Everyone seems to shake off the winter blues and seems happier. It is the ideal time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Fall season- I like the colors in nature, the smells, the special foods served at this time of year, the excitement of the upcoming holidays, Halloween festivities, and Thanksgiving.
    JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite time of year is fall, but I'm good with winter and spring as well. I agree with Alison, summer is to hot. I'm not into the baking my blood cells. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Fall!!! I love all the LCR books. I am so glad Marie Force recommended your series otherwise I might not have found your books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for entering. I adore all the seasons because each one has something wonderful to offer. If I had to choose though I'd go with autumn. I adore all the different fragrances, the changing colors, the crunch of the fallen leaves under my feet and the sound of the wind as it rustles through the trees.

    Congrats to Aileen Smith for winning the audio of Midnight Secrets and $10 Amazon gift card. Aileen, please send your mailing address to christy@christyreece.com.

    See you all soon for Day Three Countdown!

    ReplyDelete