Congrats to Squenn who won a signed copy of CHANCES ARE and a $10 Amazon gift card! Squenn, email me at ella@ellagracebooks.com to discuss prize delivery.
Here's another favorite scene excerpt for you:
The knock on his door had him turning in an
instant. Sam stuck her head inside the room. “Do you have everything you need?”
He told himself to honor their agreement—nothing
physical. But with her only a few feet from him, looking so damned sweet and
sexy, it took every bit of willpower to stay at the window and say, “Yeah,
thanks.”
“There’re more blankets in the bottom drawer of
the chest, if you get chilly.”
“I’ll be fine.”
“If you get too warm, you can lift the window. It
gets stuck sometimes, so you may have to tug on it a little.”
Her anxious expression reminded him of their first
night together. She’d been nervous and had needed reassurance. He was known for
his patience and never had he been more rewarded for his patience than that
first night with her.
“And there should be plenty of towels in the
bathroom, too.”
Quinn fought a smile. She didn’t want to leave
either but they’d made the damn pact. “Sam, do you want to kiss me?”
When she blushed and then nodded, Quinn willed
himself to stay put. “But we agreed to nothing physical.”
“I know…it’s just…”
“How about I meet you halfway?”
He was surprised and pleased that instead of
hesitating or saying no, she was in the middle of the room barely before he got
the words out. Quinn wasted no time either. With a groan, he reached for her.
He should be going slower, easier...less urgent. But he’d waited too long for
this kiss.
Standing on her toes, Sam wrapped her arms tight
around his shoulders. Quinn plastered his body against hers and moved his mouth
gently, thoroughly over her sweet, luscious lips. He tasted passion and
surrender. Though he was hot, hard and aching, he made no move to take it
further than the kiss. Hell yeah, he was hurting. Everything within him told
him to pull her down onto the bed behind him and thrust hard and deep into the
sweet heat that waited for him. But he couldn’t. This was too important, she
was too important.
They broke away from each other, gently,
reluctantly. Quinn saw what he wanted to see in her eyes. Desire, need, and
sexy, sweet submission. He’d seen that look many times in the past. And in the
past, he had fulfilled everything she’d asked for. Tonight was different. He
wanted more than her acquiescence.
“Go now, before we change our minds.”
Her sigh one of resignation and regret, she backed
away from him. “Good night.”
“Sleep tight.”
“You too.”
As she opened the door, he said, “Anytime you want
to end our pact, I’m game.”
With a smile full of promise and something more,
she blew him a kiss. “I’ll keep that in mind.”
The door closed on his
abrupt bark of laughter. How the hell had he gone all these months without that
smile?
And here's a review snippet from The Romance Witch's Reviews: "With all the action, suspense, passion and love that I’ve come to expect from this author, book two in the Wildefire series will blow your mind and push all your emotional buttons."
You can read the entire review here: The Romance Witch's review of Midnight Lies
In addition to the excerpt and review, I'm also sharing the brand new book trailer my publisher just sent me. Take a look! Midnight Lies Book Trailer
Hopefully the trailer enticed you because today's prize is a signed copy of MIDNIGHT LIES and a $10 Amazon gift card. To enter, tell me the name of one of your very favorite book boyfriends or fictional heroes.


pretty much whoever I'm reading is the current book boyfriend. :)
ReplyDeletecongrats on the awesome early reviews!!!
Favorite fictional hero/boyfriend...I am old school on this....Rhett Butler! He makes me swoon!
ReplyDeleteFavorite book boyfriend would be JD Robb's Roarke ;)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on the super reviews Ella........counting days to when I can have it in my hands.....sighhhhh!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDeclan McCabe from kaylea cross cover of darkness, but he is one of many!
ReplyDeleteI am a bit of book boyfriend collector.....so many to pick from. Luke Stark from the Kristen Ashley Hot Bunch is one of several. Another great teaser, I cannot wait to read the book!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorites is Nick Ward from Shannon McKenna's "Extreme Danger."
ReplyDeleteYou are killing me with these teasers lol. I can't wait to read these books. Christy you really are an talented author and i don't say that often. Keep writing because we are ready to buy. My favorites are everyone in your books. I read tons of books but yours just keep me on edge of chair. Sometimes when reading i fall asleep but never with yours.
ReplyDeleteThis is a hard one, but my number one book boyfriend has to be Noah Claybourne from Julie Garwood's Buchanan/FBI series. Now just don't ask me how many I've got on my "equal second" list. :)
ReplyDeleteHhhmm, favorite book boyfriend? Right now it's gotta be Jackson from Kaylea Crosses Lethal Pursuit. But it changes every now and then, depending on who and what I'm reading.
ReplyDeleteMarc Hunter. No doubt. Just typing his name makes me want to read PC's Unlawful Contact again.
ReplyDeleteMy NEWEST favorite book boyfriend? Probably gonna be Quinn. :-)
Hands down Noah McCall from Return to ME. I cannot wait for this book!
ReplyDeleteMarc Hunter, Ethan Bishop.... Dylan Savage.... I have so many!!
ReplyDeleteThanks to all who commented with the name of one of their book boyfriends. Definitely makes me want to hunt down their books. I hope Quinn Braddock gives each of them some competition. Sammie and I both adore him. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Julie Johnson for winning a signed copy of MIDNIGHT LIES and a $10 Amazon gift card! Julie, email me at ella@ellagracebooks.com to discuss prize delivery.
Today's post is coming up soon. Hope everyone comes back for more. See you soon!