Here's a portion of another favorite scene, this one featuring Aunt Gibby and Quinn during Thanksgiving dinner at the Wilde mansion:
“Dr.
Braddock, would you like some of my corn casserole?”
He turned
to Sam’s aunt and took the dish from her. “Thank you, Miss Wilcox. But there’s
no need to call me Dr. Braddock. Call me Quinn.”
She
beamed. “And you can call me, Gibby.”
Feeling
like he’d made a slight inroad to Sam’s family’s approval, Quinn spooned out a
large helping of the casserole. Under Gibby’s watchful eye, he took a giant
bite and had instant regret. Tasting like something between an old sock and
burnt rubber, the casserole was enough to stop him from ever eating corn again.
“Do you
like it? It’s an old family recipe with a few additional secret ingredients. I
make a big batch every year and freeze them for special occasions.”
Grateful
he hadn’t made a face, he swallowed the lump of torture and smiled at the sweet
old lady who apparently had no taste buds. “Best corn pudding I’ve ever had.”
As if he’d
just given her a thousand dollars instead of a lie, her eyes lit up. “Let me
get you some more.”
And here's a snippet from another fabulous review, this one from Same Book Different Review blog:
"I am a long time Ella Grace aka Christy Reece fan. She writes
captivating stories that I tend to devour in a day or two, schedule
permitting. Midnight Lies definitely delivered the same heart-stopping
suspense and mind blowing action, in and out of the bedroom. :)"
You can read the entire review here: Midnight Lies review
Today's prize is a combo of my work, a signed Ella Grace book, your choice, and a signed Christy Reece book, your choice. To enter, simply answer the following question: What's your favorite holiday?
Today's prize is a combo of my work, a signed Ella Grace book, your choice, and a signed Christy Reece book, your choice. To enter, simply answer the following question: What's your favorite holiday?


Christmas - because we don't have thanksgiving in germany - I would really love to experience a real american thanksgiving dinner one day :)
ReplyDeleteChristmas
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving... it tends to be a little more laid back and there is always more food then you can ever dream of eating.
ReplyDeleteChristmas as its probably the only holiday that my husband doesn't work lol but if i lived in america it would be the 4th July i was lucky enough to be in america 3 years ago on holiday for the 4th July it was an amazing time with parades, fireworks, bbqs.
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving where family and friends actually focus more on what blessed with and thankful for and of course all the good food. Seeing people not normally seen day to day or often-Christmas is good but focus is on gifts more so than not.
ReplyDeleteMine is Christmas and being able to see my grandmother. I always surprise her by going to church and when she has sparkles in her eyes. I know we might not have her this year but we are praying everyday. I love just seeing my big family and talking to them. I also celbrate the birth of jesus what a beautiful holiday. This year i will be an great aunt any day and i can't wait to spoil her.
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving!!! Love the parade, the food and being with my sister! Just the 2 of us now.
ReplyDeleteIf a birthday can be considered a holiday, then December 10. This is the day I experienced my first miracle and I named her Brianna.
ReplyDeleteIf I must go traditional calendar holiday then I would say Halloween. We get to dress up in costumes, have parties, eat silly amounts of candy and other sugary goodness and play in the dark. Tell ghost stories and watch scary movies. It is all around a win-win holiday.
Veterans Day, when we honor all those past and present that have served this great nation. For without them we would not have the freedom we enjoy today. The freedom to enjoy reading, writing, and the celebration of Thanksgiving, Christmas,
ReplyDeleteChristmas...I love the food, the lights, and the decorations!
ReplyDeleteThanksgiving is my favorite because the whole family comes over and cooks together. Then we all sit down and give thanks and enjoy the meal. They even help clean up. Lots of Love. Love your books.
ReplyDeleteChristmas, the family gathering, celebrations with friends, church programs, Christmas trees and other decorations. Even though it can be exhausting at times, I love it all!
ReplyDeleteChristmas is my favorite holiday. I love trying to find that just right gift and the spirit. I love this book already. The snippets make me think of my mom's family. I cannot wait to read the whole thing.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite holiday? That's an easy one.....Thanksgiving!!! Here in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October, the second Monday of the month and it always coincides with my BDay on the 10th....in fact, I was born on Thanksgiving Day. We tend to celebrate the 2 together so I always have a long weekend and a family celebration. Now, my sister-in-laws BDay is the 7th so it's become a joint celebration.... A big yummy turkey dinner, BDay cake for desert and all my family around.....what could be better????
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is Thanksgiving. I just love the big feast and seeing everyone is the best part.
ReplyDeleteA day off to spend time with family and just myself.....my perfect holiday!!!! I like Christmas, the lights, the people are so different and much more friendly....the shopping and the not to forget the Christmas tree :)
ReplyDeleteChristmas!!!!! I'm already counting down. I decorate my whole house (including the toilet). Love it, love it, love it!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Halloween. I love dressing up. I love the kids dressing up. I love seeing what others dress up as. I also love Scary stuff and seeing peoples houses decorated.
ReplyDeletechristinebails at yahoo dot com
I LOVE Christmas!
ReplyDeleteChristmas. I love Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI agree - Christmas. It is a wonderful time of the year.
ReplyDeleteI agree - Christmas. It is a wonderful time of the year.
ReplyDeleteThank you all for telling us your favorite holiday. I love them all but adore Thanksgiving and Christmas equally. Family gatherings with lots of love, laughter, and fabulous food!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Kathy McGowan for winning a signed copy of a Christy Reece book and an Ella Grace book! Kathy, please email your book choices and mailing address to ella@ellagracebooks.com.
Be sure to check in for the last day of the countdown. See you soon!